Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mercy Me

On Saturday, June 7 Mercy Me performed at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. I had my son with me-left my mother at home. She wasn't happy but it was 90+ degrees out that day and a lot of walking which she is not good at.

I had my son in his wheelchair so we went up to the wheelchair spaces. I planned to sit in front of him on the bench. He was in the sun and it was very hot. My son is blonde and light skinned and burns easily. I tried moving into the shade and lost my seat. So I had to stand for most of the concert. Didn't help my attitude a lot. The first performers were "Tenth Avenue North" They were good but not thrilling especially since I was standing. Then Mercy Me came on. I know a lot of their songs so that helped to change my attitude as I got into the familiar music.

I don't remember what was said about the song "Bring the Rain," but whatever it was set me to thinking about the rain. My life is filled with it. I have been really angry I guess is a good word about my mother. At my ex-husband who in many ways precipitated the living arrangements by not paying child support regularly. At my mother for developing Alzheimer's. At myself for agreeing to buy a house with my mother knowing what could happen.

The anger spills over constantly into everything I say to my mother. She then becomes upset and wishes she were dead. And as a terrible daughter in my mind I think "I wish you were dead too." Can you imagine the guilt? If you are living with it probably you can.

Anyway, the song and what Mercy Me said really hit home. Do I just put up with it all? or do I find a way to glorify God through the rain? Listen to the song and pay attention to the words. Let them fill your spirit and change you for the better. The rain won't stop coming and it won't be easy, but we can sure use it for God's glory. And you feel a lot better.

You can find the words here on their website:
http://www.mercyme.org/main/lyrics

No comments: